Sunday, December 18, 2016

Quiltcam and Soaring to New Heights!!

I was checking Facebook and saw where Bonnie was doing an impromptu Quiltcam this afternoon.  I was in the process of pressing and trimming my 80 step four triangle in a square blocks. I am now caught up until Friday!!  Check out all the progress Link-ups to the En Provence Mystery here.


I received some very good news on Friday.  My friend, Colleen Eskridge and I collaborated on an entry for the New Quilts from an Old Favorite Flying Geese Contest for 2017.  I pieced the top and Colleen quilted it.  We call it "Soaring to New Heights".
Photographed by Amy Graber

We won the Third Place ribbon.  The 18 quilts that were accepted for the contest will be on display at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky from March 31 thru June 20, 2017.  Then they will be in a traveling exhibit for several months.

Each year for the past 24 years, I have made Christmas ornaments for my children and grandchildren.  Since they are getting older, (we can't blame ME for getting older!!) I only made ornaments for the grands this year.



Fabric Star Ornament
betzwhite.com

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!  Hope to have more to post next week.  Until then...

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy with all those Christmas ornaments. And I love your "En Provence." And a big congratulations on that 3rd place win! You have lots of fun stuff going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first photo! Your purples are smiling at Bonnie!
    Those stars look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on "Soaring to New Heights"! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your soaring to new heights is amazing. I would have given it a first place ranking!

    ReplyDelete