Monday, December 12, 2016

En Provence and Quilting

I didn't think I had much to post today until I started looking at the most recent photos on my iPhone.  First, my progress on Bonnie Hunter's latest Mystery, En Provence...
I'm using all Bonnie's color suggestions except I'm using a coral in place of the magenta.

One of my grandson's asked me the first of the year that if he bought the material, would I make him an Alabama quilt.  I agreed as long as he didn't have a definite date he wanted it by.  He agreed and I have finished the top and back.  I'm getting it long-arm quilted so I'll show it when it's completed.  His birthday is in January so I should have it done in time.  I had some fabrics left over so I asked him if he would like me to make his dad an Alabama throw size quilt that could be from him for Christmas.  His mom (my daughter) and sister got in on the deal so I completed this quilt...
They couldn't wait until Christmas so they gifted it to him yesterday...
I think he likes it!

Emily had a school project where she had to interview me, then also make a quilt block.  When she received the due date for the quilt block, there was no time for me to help her with it so her mom, my daughter, Jennifer, stepped in.  She had to purchase a mat, rotary cutter, ruler and fat quarters.  She cut and Emily sewed.  I think it turned out pretty good...
Emily with her quilt block.

I think the quilt bug may have nibbled a little because the next thing I knew, Jennifer had decided she wanted to make a baby quilt as a gift for a friend who is expecting in February.  She texted me fabric choices on Saturday to get my opinion/approval, bought the needed fabrics and other supplies and sent this picture yesterday of the completed top!  
Way to go Jennifer!!

I've been sick with a terrible cold the past several days so I am way behind on stuff I need to do...like finish the Christmas Ornaments for the Grands!!  I'll post all about them next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment