Sunday, November 24, 2013

Alpine Bay Resort

A few of my buddies and I went to Alabama for a mini quilt retreat.  While there, I was able to meet an old friend from high school.  Peggy and I have kept in touch through the years (not nearly as often as we should) but it's fun to reconnect when we can.
I have actually gotten my sister, Eva Marie, interested in doing some hand quilting.  She joined us for a couple nights.  The leaves were still very colorful in some areas.
Judy and Eva Marie

Here's Brenda...
Jo Anne...
Ebba...
and C C.
I failed to get pictures of a couple other friends who visited a few days.  Patti and Lauren.


This is the first block of a BOM I decided to purchase.  The pattern is by Sherri Falls.  I enjoy participating in her Mystery Mondays and I fell in love with this pattern being offered thru the Fat Quarter Shop.


 I also finished this quilt top I started in class at Mountain Quiltfest in Pigeon Forge, TN in March.  The original pattern was for 6 blocks but I decided to make 12.
Love Is All Around by Charlotte Angotti

Close-up of one corner.

Bonnie Hunter would be proud of us with our three Featherweights.  And look at my new IKEA lamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment