Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery, Step 4

I've been working on my 5 1/2" string blocks. I'm using purples instead of reds. This is what I've completed so far. Lots more to do but I'm trying out each step as much as I can fit in with all the other chaos that is going on right now!! I wanted to get started on step 5 before posting this so I could link up to Bonnie's Mystery page but it's not happening today. Perhaps before the next clue on Friday?
Here are the strings I've been working from.
Last summer my granddaughter sorted my laundry basket of scraps into shopping bags by color groups. Then my sisters helped me to fine tune into individual bags of colors. From there I'm slowly but surely organizing using Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User's System. My purple bag was nearly all "strings" or pieces that I could use in my string blocks. I may still have to cut into fat quarters or full yardage pieces but won't know for sure until I get a little further along.

1 comment:

  1. Those purples are wonderful. Sounds like you have all kinds of help with sorting. That is great to get the other generations involved. Sounds like a great project for my very helpful little granddaughters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete