Monday, March 8, 2021

Happy Birthday to Me!!

 Today is my 70th birthday!  

How did this happen?  

I don't feel any older, so I guess that's a good thing.

(70 is only 21 in Celsius) 😉


Since I haven't had any quilting handwork to do lately (like finished quilts to bind) I've started a cross-stitch project.  It has been years since I did any cross-stitching.  I'm enjoying having something to do in the evenings during TV time.

Little Red Barn

These are going to be Christmas Ornaments.  Stitching is finished on the first one.  I'll finish it when I decide what I'm going to do.  I'm about half-way finished with #2.



Scrappy Nine-Patch

My first quilt finish for 2021 was a 9-patch quilt made from lots of scraps.  I had it quilted in the "Baptist Fan" pattern and I really love how it turned out.  I got the idea from one of Bonnie Hunter's daily quotes that she posts on top of a picture of a quilt (usually antique quilts she's seen in thrift shops, flea markets or antique malls).  



This past weekend, my daughters spent time with me to work on their quilts.

Jennifer and Molly

Molly's daughter Amber joined us too.

Amber, Jennifer and Molly


Our space was a little cramped but we made it just fine.

Love being with my girls.
💕

No comments:

Post a Comment