Sunday, January 11, 2015

More Catching Up

I  made a few other chicken pin cushions.  These were made from 6" blocks.


I made a couple more but failed to get pictures before they went to their new homes.  I've got to stop doing that!!  (forgetting to photograph important events!)

You know Hexies are the latest and greatest new thing to do.  So I decided to make this past year's Christmas ornaments for the grands out of hexies.  Here's a close-up of a finished "top".
I used my 3/4" hexagon stamp from Cindy Blackburg.  These were all hand pieced.  Then I used a 5" square for the back, added a ribbon hanger, stitched around the outside edge, turned and voila', Christmas ornaments.  Here are all the ones I made by color groups.
Green Ones...
Blue Ones...
Gold ones plus one brown...
And red ones.

I do have a hexie project in mind for my hand sewing take-a-long this next year.  When I get started on it, I'll have to show you what I'm up to.  In the meantime, I'm still working on my Magnolia challenge.  Hopefully, I'll be far enough along in a few more days to show a picture.  So until then,

Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment